Friday, April 27, 2007

Tack Welding the Frame Tubes

Today I moved the welding jig out to the garage in prep for tack welding. Ironically all the work that went into the jig culminated in about 30 seconds of welding. Every fiber of my being wanted to just keep on welding and have it finished but I knew inside that the hardest thing to undo is something welded in the wrong place, even it only slightly wrong. In fact the entire bike will be tack welded until all the alignments can be verified and then the welding will be finished.




In my humble opinion this is the sexiest piece of metal I have had any part of making. How could you not drool over this?

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your welder cart! :-)

Ruzter said...

I was wondering if anyone would mention that, hehehehe

Unknown said...

Important blog having interested information. Few times we ignore this sort of things & also suffer a lot as well. How ever we all can save a lot with the assistance of these all tips.



Chris Gilman Medford, Or